Fitness is My Life Mantra - Rohit Reddy


Health is Wealth is not just some old proverb.  To Rohit Reddy, personally, fitness is the most important thing in my life.

I see a lot of people hitting the gym, mostly to lose weight or if they have any health issues and their doctor has told them to. People start getting into fitness only in the later part of life. I believe that fitness should be a part of life, right from a very early age; it is as important as breathing. And if you’re fit, you will be healthy and of correct weight.  

Here’s what I follow to stay healthy:

  1. Eat a high protein breakfast -  Eggs, lean meat, dals, soya - they form a big part of my diet
  2. Avoid carbonated drinks - I don’t drink, not even Coke.
  3. Eat fruits and avoid fruit juices - They contain lots of sugar and no fiber.  So, I munch fruits in between meals
  4. Avoid sugar - Actually I won’t say this.  I like desserts and have them occasionally. Moderation is key.
  5. Avoid processed and packaged food - Nothing healthy about them.  Fresh food is the best.
  6. Stay hydrated throughout the day - There are a lot of different advices on how much water to have. Some say 8 glasses, some 12 glasses daily.  The important thing is to drink plenty of water throughout the day.  In fact, I start my day with a glass or two of warm water.
  7. Coffee -  I try and avoid much coffee and tea.  But my work as a businessman, is hectic; and coffee helps me get through the day.
  8. Don’t confuse calories with carbs -  People reduce calories when trying to lose weight.  That’s wrong.  Calories is energy, and the body needs it to function. I make sure I eat something every 2 hours  
  9. Get lots of sleep- 6-8 hours of sleep minimum. I avoid late nights as much as possible.
  10. Regular exercise is very important -  Gym is my second home. But running, cycling, and swimming are all great too. But be consistent.
  11. Make it your lifestyle - Eating right and fitness is part of my lifestyle and it should be yours too.

Comments